Focus on character. Things like plot, structure, theme, making sense (!) are extras to me. I just want complicated, fully realized, damaged, imperfect, interesting characters doing things. Any things. It can be grocery shopping, seriously. I care about character.
And relationships! Complicated, fully realized, damaged, imperfect, interesting relationships involving two or more people. Romance, friendship, family, found family, all of it. I love best: siblings, BFFs who love each other, people who belong together but are afraid, people who are horrible together but can’t quit, soulmates. I love unresolved sexual tension. Two people flirting in a grocery store, seriously. I care about feelings.
no one can hear you scream everyone is already stuck living together on the ship or station!
My perfect scenario for pretty much any fandom is: everyone in the group has to live together for some reason and they all squabble about dishes and TV rights and sneak around into each others bedrooms in the middle of the night. This can be adapted for SPACE easily as in space
Introspective character/relationship analysis masquerading as fic
Touchy-feely physicality (but vanilla sex)
Unresolved Sexual Tension
I do not like:
Porn in general — graphic description of sexual acts just pulls me completely out of the story, I prefer it simple and suggestive. Same goes for NSFW art.
Please note these are just guidelines!
Character: Rebecca "Newt" Jordan, Relationship: Dwayne Hicks & Rebecca "Newt" Jordan, Relationship: Dwayne Hicks/Ellen Ripley
I first saw Aliens when I was ten and I LOVED IT. My aunt had rented it for me while I was staying with her (my parents would never have shown it to me!) and I watched it at least three times over the weekend. I wasn't scared. I identified with Newt, I wanted to believe I was as brave as she is, and like her I wanted to be as badass as Ripley. I refuse to accept she died and I love any and every Newt Lives AU.
- Newt alone on the planet. Evading aliens, thinking about her family, imagining a rescue, wondering if it's worth it to wait. It's such an amazing survival story.
- Newt's impressions of everyone in the crew. Ripley, Hicks, Vasquez, Hudson, Bishop, etc.
- Newt Lives AU: Ripley, Hicks, and Newt making a home on the base.
- Newt Lives AU: future!fic of teen or adult Newt -- what does she study? does she return to fighting aliens? what do Ripley and/or Hicks think of her choices? how does she relate to other people?
- Hicks/Ripley stealing a moment because they're probably going to die
- Hicks/Ripley finding ways to cope with their PTSD together
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016)
Relationship: Galen Erso & Jyn Erso & Lyra Erso
Family feels!!! Please go as adorable and fluffy or as doomed and tragic as you want here. I will cry either way.
- Life on Coruscant. Little Jyn overhearing dramas, how she got the stormtrooper doll, her parents explaining kyber crystals to her.
- Life on the run. Pretending to be someone else. Evading Krennic or Vader. Building a new home.
- Lyra visiting Galen and Jyn as a Force Ghost.
- Reunion in the afterlife.
Relationship: Darth Vader & Orson Krennic & Wilhuff Tarkin
I think there is a great potential for humor here, or angst.
- Krennic wants power. Tarkin wants victory. Vader wants a vacation.
- Board meeting where they can't agree on anything.
- Vader (a tech genius) sees the flaw in the Death Star plans but keeps it to himself.
Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008) - All Media Types
Character: Hondo Ohnaka
Space Pirate who takes care of his own in the middle of someone else's war <3 I respect that he has his own brand of honor and I want more (found) family moments.
- An in depth examination of Hondo's 'code'. How he views himself in relation to the galaxy.
- Hondo and Aurra Sing!
- AU where Hondo raises Boba Fett (as should have happened), either with Aurra or alone.
Character: Illenore Pawter Simms, Relationship: Johnny Jaqobis/Illenore Pawter Simms
I have not forgiven the show for killing off Pawter, my precious space princess frontier doctor, my favorite character from her introduction. I loved her and I loved her with Johnny and I'm still upset about it. So, whatever you do will be better than that!
- Fix it fic where Pawter doesn't die.
- Young Pawter growing up Qresh. Her rivalry with Delle Seyah Kendry.
- Why does Pawter choose medicine, who does she want to help, who does she want to be?
- Pawter's complicated relationship with her family.
- Cute, fluffy, happy Pawter and Johnny being in love.